Just a few things that caught my eye:
- Shelf. Bar down. Do the Caps have Marc-Andre Fleury’s number?
- Sidney Crosby has horseshoes up his a$$. I held my breath when he took that header into the end boards. He got up, just like Taylor Hall did in that now-famous Mem Cup header. Yikes.
- 1,000. That’s the number of hats the Oilers bagged up after Leon Draisaitl’s hat trick and donated to homeless organizations in Edmonton. #ClassAct
- Speaking of Draisaitl. That was an outstanding game Sunday, but is he as good as he’s showing right now? Yes, he’s built for the postseason. And yes, he’s good. But how much of this is the Connor McDavid effect? The Ducks can’t check everyone …
- The Caps were flat-out dominant Monday night. They’ve gone from on the brink to on the verge. Wow.
- The Preds. Another wow. They barely scrape into the postseason and now, they are four wins from playing for the Cup.
- Maybe the Oil needed that collapse Friday. Three goals in 3:01 to knot things up and the loss in OT. You really can’t count your ducklings before they hatch.
- Back to Sid the Kids. Where exactly were the league’s concussion spotters on that header? SERIOUSLY.