Fantasy Football Advice: Ask The Expert Archives
RotoWire subscribers have the opportunity to directly ask our experts their fantasy football questions.
Here at RotoWire, we know that sometimes you really need some specific fantasy football advice to help make a decision about your team. That's why we provide our "Ask The Expert" service to anyone with a RotoWire subscription.
If you need fantasy football advice from one of our experts, submit it here.
Please limit yourself to no more than two questions per week.
For lineup questions, please also consult our weekly rankings.
Here are some recent questions our experts have received, along with their responses. You may find them helpful for your own team.
10team h2h mixed. 1 catcher league. 2util
My c is wieters. No backup right now. Duomit on waivers. Should I pick him up and drop Belt who is on bench? Hosmer my starter at 1b and belt my only backup at 1b.
Another ? Is should I drop edwin Jackson for ikawuma?
Other sp are cliff lee, bumgarner, teheron, morrow, lester, and Parker
I wouldn't drop Belt to pick up Doutmit. Belt could easily surpass Hosmer at some point. As for your pitchers, yeah I would drop Jax for Iwak5ma
A trade went through in our keeper league and I am just wondering if its reasonably fair or if its lopsided. Its a straight up swap of DeMar DeRozan for Kyle Lowry. Thanks for the feedback. You guys are great.
Lowry owners are in a tough situation because of his timeshare with Jose Calderon. Lowry easily has more fantasy upside than DeRozan but his current situation is awful and it might not change unless Calderon gets hurt or is traded. Derozan has no competition for minutes at SG and is a consistent source for points (17.7 points), rebounds (4.6) and steals (1.1). It's not a horrible trade. The guy trading for Lowry is gambling that his situation changes and the guy acquiring DeRozan is getting some consistency.
Hi Chris Liss,
(please forward to him, if possible)
As I mentioned earlier I am in a "loser" double elimination league and could use help for the playoffs. Here is what the league has used (5 people left).
Me: (0 loss)
Opp 1: (1 loss)
Opp 2: (1 loss)
Opp 3: (0 loss)
Opp 4: (0 loss)
I have been a paying member since they started charging for it and with only 1 or 2 baseball teams ($40 league) and 2 NASCAR teams ($50 and a $10), I have always come out ahead to cover this expense. :)
First off - very glad to hear you've profited from the site. That's definitely one of our goals.
If everyone were on the colts it would definitely be worth it to take the ravens and win on an upset. But because a couple will take min, I'd probably take the colts who are 6.5 points underdogs.
Interested in more than just our fantasy football advice?
You won't believe how many different ways we can help you.
At RotoWire.com, we give our subscribers EVERYTHING.
Sign up for our Fantasy Football Special and you'll get full access to our 2013 expert fantasy football advice and much more:
- Customized player rankings based on your league's categories.
- Comprehensive fantasy football cheat sheets. Cover multiple league formats, printable, and can be exported to Excel spreadsheets.
- Stat projections and outlooks for over 500 players.
- Email news updates for the players on your team, as they happen.
- NFL team depth charts and player updates posted every day.
- Updated playing time situations for each team.
- Exclusive articles and analysis from the best writers in fantasy football.
It doesn't stop there. Subscribe today and you'll also get these great bonus features:
- A free copy of RotoWire's 2013 fantasy football magazine mailed directly to your house.
- A free download of our in-draft software that will allow you to track and dominate your draft or auction.
- Free multi-sport access to player news, analysis, and fantasy tools for the NBA, NHL, MLB, PGA and NASCAR.
- Free access to our 2013 NBA and NHL Fantasy Draft Kits (player projections, depth charts, outlooks, and more).
Get instant access to every feature we have. Subscribe to RotoWire now.