Shane Vereen – NE@Mia ($6,100)
Are you ready for some football? Here are my DraftKings picks for Week 1 based on players that I feel will outperform their salary.
Andrew Luck – Ind@Den ($8,300) – Luck is the seventh most expensive quarterback in Week 1, but I have him ranked in the top three with Brees and Manning. Luck is a great value in a matchup that should turn into a shootout.
Other QB Options: Matt Ryan – NO@Atl ($7,900), Russell Wilson – GB@Sea ($7,700)
Montee Ball – Ind@Den ($7,000) – Ball is an unknown this year. He takes over a very important position, Peyton Manning’s running back. Ball should get a lot of action in the first week and should score one or maybe two touchdowns.
– Vereen is a point-per-reception (ppr) machine, and DraftKings
awards a full point per reception. The Patriots should use Vereen early and often in the passing game. He should be a lock for five receptions. If he can add a score, his points start adding up very quickly.
Other RB Options: Toby Gerhart
– Jax@Phi ($5,600), Andre Ellington
– SD@Ari ($6,000), Marshawn Lynch
- $6,800 ($6,800)
Julio Jones – NO@Atl ($7,700)
– Jones is my No. 1 receiver in Week 1 and he is the fifth most expensive wideout on DraftKings
. Expect a huge Week 1 from Jones.
Jeremy Maclin – Jax@Phi ($5,700)
– Maclin is in for a huge season. Get Maclin on your roster in Week 1. His price as a mid-tier wideout will not last long.
Cordarrelle Patterson – Min@Stl ($5,800)
– I like Patterson much more in guaranteed prize pool (GPP) contests than head-to-heads or 50/50’s. Patterson is the ultimate big play guy. It will be very interesting to see how Vikings offensive coordinator Norv Turner uses Patterson this year. If he blows up Week 1, make sure you have him on a few of your GPP rosters.
WR Alternates: Michael Crabtree
– SF@Dal ($6,100), Michael Floyd
– SD@Ari ($6,000), DeAndre Hopkins
– Was@Ari ($4,500)
Jordan Reed – Was@Hou ($4,600)
– Reed is one of the most talented tight ends in football. He does have major health concerns, though. This is daily fantasy football, so we just need him to stay healthy for one game. Reed has the ability to go off for a huge game. Make sure that you roster him.
TE Alternate: Dennis Pitta
– Cin@Bal ($4,400)
New York Jets – Oak@NYJ ($3,900)
– The most important factor when deciding on your defense should be their opponent. Oakland should be one of the worst offenses this year. The Jets already have a solid defense and they are playing Oakland at home. The Jets should be able to shut down the Raiders.
Eagles – Jax@Phi ($3,200)
The author(s) of this article may play in daily fantasy contests including – but not limited to – games that they have provided recommendations or advice on in this article. In the course of playing in these games using their personal accounts, it's possible that they will use players in their lineups or other strategies that differ from the recommendations they have provided above. The recommendations in this article do not necessarily reflect the views of RotoWire.