Just a few things that caught my eye:
- The Bruins won, but Tuukka Rask played sieve again. It’s like they won in spite of him. That won’t work next round.
- Kasperi Kapanen not only undressed Tuukka Rask on that shorthanded goal, he took his clothes and his shoes, and skated away. What. A. Move.
- Jake DeBrusk comes up big. Again. He got the hands his dad never had.
- Seven points for Patrice, Pasta and the Honey Badger. Nice bookend to the series after a quiet middle.
- Over-under on Auston Matthews having an injury?
- Jake Gardiner is one part brilliant and one part train wreck. OK, maybe two parts train wreck. Minus-5 says it all. He may have tallied 52 points, but I wouldn’t put him on my team.
- Round 2 starts Thursday and we’ll see both the Eastern and Western Conference Finals a series early. The Jets and Preds are the top two in the West; ditto Boston and Tampa Bay. I really dislike this new format.
- Hey — at least the Raptors won.