This article is part of our NFL Observations series.
I'm awfully glad the Seahawks kicked that last field goal. I had the Vikings plus three, so at least I didn't lose the push on a missed PAT.
• Kirk Cousins played a good game, showing nice touch on the screen passes and getting rid of the ball under pressure. His lone pick was a tipped ball and a great catch by the DB too. The Vikings really miss Adam Thielen though.
• The Vikings RB spot is so valuable, given all the screens and dump-offs they run. Dalvin Cook left with a chest injury the team says isn't serious, but if he were to miss a game, Alexander Mattison gets a great matchup against the Lions at home.
• Chris Carson (when he's not fumbling) and Rashaad Penny are both really good. People mock Seattle's run-heavy attack when they have the best QB in the league, but it works, and I suspect it would work even better in bad-weather playoff games. Unfortunately, the playoffs might go through New Orleans, or if the Seahawks drop a game, San Francisco.
• I don't know if Tyler Lockett was still sick, but he didn't record a single catch on three targets. D.K. Metcalf led the team with seven targets, but lost a fumble late.
• Russell Wilson hadn't done much with less than a minute left in the third quarter. Then an easy 60-yard throw to a wide open David Moore and a screen to Penny later, and he's up to two TDs and 240 yards. No QB strikes more quickly than Wilson.