Another day in August, some more useful information to pass on. Let’s get right to it.
- Antonio Brown lost his fight to wear his old helmet but said “I’m excited about this season (and) appreciate all the concerns about my feet.” He’s expected to be at camp Tuesday.
- T.J.Hockenson will likely begin the season as the Lions’ No.2 tight end behind Jesse James. This is probably a formality and it’s a matter of time before Hockenson takes over as the No.1 tight end on the team.
- Mohammed Sanu is dealing with a sore knee. Don’t be worried if his name isn’t in the score box for these preseason games. No need to worry about him quite yet.
- Emmanuel Sanders is likely to make an appearance during a preseason game. His return from then Achilles’ injury was rather swift and it was also revealed Monday that he underwent an ankle surgery. Sanders is slated to open the season as Joe Flacco’s top wideout.
- Amari Cooper (heel) has missed six straight practices but head coach Jason Garrett reported he’s “making progress.”
- Matt LaCosse has been diagnosed with a sprained ankle and will miss Sunday’s preseason game for the Patriots. With Ben Watson slated to serve a four-game suspension to start the season, look for LaCosse to be the top tight end for New England.