Just a few things that caught my eye:
- The Blue Jackets channelled their best 70s disco impression. They stayed alive. Barely.
- Cryptochidism. Look it up. Chris Tierney’s mug shot is there as part of the definition. Leon Draisaitl needs to be suspended.
- Zach Werenski out, Markus Nutivaara in. Advantage Columbus? Still, I feel for the teenager. His pretty-boy face is crushed.
- Rick Nash carries the Rangers. Again. There’s something wrong with that sentence. Maybe I will get more than pennies on the dollar in my keeper league. GO NASH!
- Four overtimes Monday night. It’s kind of nice to get a blowout tonight.
- Joe Thornton returns. The Sharks surge. But is this season the last hurrah? They are the Sharks, after all.
- Four of the NHL’s top-six playoff scorers are flightless birds. Evgeni Malkin, Jake Guentzel, Phil Kessel and Sidney Crosby. Yes, Guentzel.
- Nazem Kadri + Leo Komarov >> Nicklas Backstrom + Alexander Ovechkin. Discuss.