Mike Tirico didn’t think missing the last minute PAT was a big deal, but he must not have had AZ +5.5. Otherwise, this was a reasonably watchable game for Thursday night, Richard Sherman’s season-ending Achilles injury notwithstanding.
• Drew Stanton had just 5.8 YPA and missed a couple deep throws, but he moved well in the pocket, didn’t turn it over and was victimized by a few drops. Other than Larry Fitzgerald and Jermaine Gresham, none of his receivers could hold onto the ball.
• Fitzgerald in particular had a good game. He can’t beat anyone down the field, but he gets open in zone coverage and holds onto the ball while taking a hit. Gresham nearly had a second TD at the end of the game and looked pretty nimble for a TE.
• Adrian Peterson had a miserable day – 21 carries for 29 yards and a lost fumble. His best play all game was his rare 13-yard catch. He’ll make the Hall of Fame, but you wonder how much value a non-pass-catching back with ball security problems can possibly have, no matter how good a runner he is.
• Russell Wilson played an unremarkable game until the ridiculous 2nd-and-21 scramble play to Doug Baldwin. That play helped kill the cover for me, and got my opponent, Jeff Erickson, some valuable points in the Stopa league. In terms of expected win percentage plays like that, which Wilson makes all the time, are massive
• Thomas Rawls ran hard, but didn’t have much to show for it. J.D. McKissic got most of his yards on one carry. C.J. Prosise had three carries for three yards. Rawls is still the back to own, but Eddie Lacy could be back, and none of these guys are especially promising,
• Baldwin was en route to a bad game, but his 54-yard catch and run salvaged it. Jimmy Graham could lead the league in TDs the rest of the season if they keep throwing him that short post-up pass near the goal line.
• Blair Walsh probably survives another week now. Still can’t believe Phil Dawson’s blocked PAT in garbage time cost me the cover.
RotoWire has the best daily fantasy baseball tools on the web.
Try Our Daily MLB Lineup Optimizer