- Pasta, Patrice and the Honey Badger put up another double-digit game (11 points). The Bolts seriously need to find a way to go gluten free.
- Tuukka Rask, ninja assassin. Why else would he pitch a detached skate blade like a throwing star? Then again, he does look a little like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle….
I played GM and picked “my guys” for two rounds in my original mock draft earlier this week, but now it’s time to reevaluate and sort out the best of the rest (even if it’s completely last minute). Like, seriously, the second round literally starts in 1 minute. You should go turn it on if you haven’t already.
Enjoy, and feel free to follow, then blast me on Twitter: @Hoover_L_A
- Brainworm. That thing that gets in your head that you just can’t get out. It’s usually a song, but for the Caps it’s a flightless bird.
- Alexander Ovechkin’s brainworm is named Sidney. Ovie was in the right defensive position on the tying goal, but managed to tip the puck straight to 87. And we both know where that puck ended up.
My Twitter feed is full of people arguing that the Giants taking Saquon Barkley over one of the available QBs would be malpractice because quarterbacks impact their teams so much more than running backs – or players at any other position. I’ve argued on the podcast that while the second clause of that sentence is partially true – more on that below – the first part might well be false.
Happy Draft Day Eve, football fans!
Last year was one of the most enjoyable drafts I can ever remember covering and this year has been the exact opposite. Nevertheless, on the eve of my favorite day of the year, I’m as excited as ever.
I particularly enjoyed studying last year’s class for the exceptional top-end talent and depth at running back, and while this class is quite similar in that regard, completing a mock draft has proven painstaking because of the quarterbacks ruining all the fun. Some may say the speculation over the top five quarterbacks enhances the draft build-up and adds excitement, but I find it tiresome. I just can’t get on board with this crop of signal callers being what they’re chalked up to be.
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- The Bruins won, but Tuukka Rask played sieve again. It’s like they won in spite of him. That won’t work next round.
- Kasperi Kapanen not only undressed Tuukka Rask on that shorthanded goal, he took his clothes and his shoes, and skated away. What. A. Move.