How are fantasy basketball points calculated?
The NBA's standard fantasy points scoring system dictates:
- Points = 1.0 fantasy point
- Rebounds = 1.2 fantasy points
- Assists = 1.5 fantasy points
- Steals = 3.0 fantasy points
- Blocks = 3.0 fantasy points
- Turnovers = -1.0 fantasy points
However, scoring is completely customizable and is up to each individual league and commissioner. In categorical leagues, certain stat categories can be added or excluded, while in points leagues, the value of each stat can be customized.
It's important to always check the league settings before drafting a team to ensure you have the best strategy.
Read More Fantasy Sports Q&As
What is UTIL in fantasy basketball?
UTIL is an abbreviation for "Utility." In fantasy basketball, UTIL refers to a roster spot that can be filled by a player of any position...