I had the Titans minus 4.5 in this game, a line I made up mid-week before Marcus Mariota’s status was confirmed, and it felt like the wrong side virtually the entire time. But one bomb to Taywan Taylor later, and it was good. I actually saw the line go up to 7.5 in some places, meaning the gratuitous Derrick Henry TD run actually swung the outcome.
• Mariota wasn’t very mobile, but he played well, getting 9.6 YPA and converting on the big go-ahead score. It’s worrisome the hamstring is still bothering him though, both because his mobility is a big part of his fantasy value and also because he looks like he could aggravate the injury on any play.
• Henry had a monster game, thanks to the 72-yard TD at the end, but it’s noteworthy he had 19 carries to DeMarco Murray’s 12, though Murray got the short TD and had four targets (for 47 yards) to Henry’s one (for 14.)
• Eric Decker seemed like Mariota’s go-to target – he had nine looks to Delanie Walker’s eight, and converted a few key first downs. Decker looked sharp, getting open, catching what was thrown his way and having good awareness of the distance to make. Rishard Matthews (four targets) and Taylor (four) also made plays, while Walker was getting useless shovel passes near the line of scrimmage.
• The Titans love settling for short field goals (they should have gone on 4th-and-2 on one series), and Ryan Succop never misses one. I couldn’t remember if his last one was the 51st or 52nd consecutive without a miss from inside 50 yards, but either way, it’s not bad.
• The Colts scored a defensive TD in the third quarter, and after the Giants defensive TD against the Broncos Sunday night, I have to imagine it was a record for an NFL weekend. Certainly it had to be a record for a 14-game weekend.
• His numbers weren’t good, but Jacoby Brissett looked sharp to me. He was victimized by a few drops, and for whatever reason didn’t get the ball to T.Y. Hilton, but his passes had plenty of zip and were for the most part accurate.
• Frank Gore ran pretty well, I have to admit. I’m an ageist when it comes to NFL players, and nowhere more so than at running back, but Gore’s decisive, and if the hole is opened, he’ll run through it. Not that he has any upside.
RotoWire has the best daily fantasy football tools on the web.
Try Our NFL Lineup Optimizer Now
• Jack Doyle looks slow to me. I realize he had 11 targets and scored a touchdown, but I’m not especially interested in present-day Jason Witten in a Colts uniform.
• Donte Moncrief looked pretty good, getting open and catching what was thrown his way. He’s worth buying cheaply in the event we ever see a healthy Andrew Luck this year.