I had the Lions minus 2.5, so that was good, but unfortunately, I was virtually tied in my NFFC matchup and had Golden Tate going. The other guy had Marvin Jones.
• Matthew Stafford had a great game, making good decisions, throwing accurate passes and not taking sacks or turning the ball over. His stats (361 yards, 10.7 YPA, one eight-yard sack) reflected it.
• Tate and Marvin Jones had similar numbers, aside from Jones’ two TDs. Jones is the deep guy, though, and also used more frequently at the goal line. Tate had a red-zone catch he nearly broke for a score, but isn’t targeted across the goal line that often. Tate is better after the catch, has better hands and more wiggle.
• Theo Riddick had four catches for 62 yards and five ineffective carries. With Ameer Abdullah struggling and then fumbling twice, it’ll be interesting to see how the Lions apportion carries next week. Dwayne Washington came in late after the Abdullah fumbles, but had five carries for one yard.
• Eric Ebron’s had a small contribution the last two games and didn’t have any drops. He could be integrated back into a bigger role.
• Brett Hundley’s a game-manager type, and the Packers don’t have a good enough defense and running game for that style of quarterback. Hundley is also indecisive and holds the ball too long. Think Jason Campbell.
• Randall Cobb had one long catch, but otherwise Davante Adams was the only semi-effective receiver. Jordy Nelson was blanketed by Darius Slay much of the night.
• Aaron Jones couldn’t get going, and Ty Montgomery was more effective. Jones could lose reps to Montgomery as a result, though in fairness Jones’ ineffectiveness was on only five carries. Jones had a drop and caught only two of five targets for minus one yard, though at least one of those “targets” was a throw into the ground to avoid a sack.
RotoWire has the best daily fantasy football tools on the web.
Try Our NFL Lineup Optimizer Now
• Matt Prater made three of four field goals, his only miss being a 55-yarder straight down the middle that hit the crossbar. He’s the second best kicker in the NFL.