Just a few things that caught my eye:
- Zach Kassian has become an asset, despite the mutton chops. Patrick Maroon has become a complete liability. The Big Rig needs to get his emotions in check. Large.
- Is there any doubt that Sidney Crosby is the most dominant player in the league? Wow. Just wow.
- The Bruce Boudreau factor — his team has lost to the eventual Cup champ three years running. Does that mean it’s the Blues’ time? I don’t think so, but …
- Joel Edmundson. Where did THIS come from? Two games, two goals.
- Alexander Radulov has come a long way since that stupid 5 am bar run during the 2012 postseason. He has grown up. He even has old man teeth. And now, he has three points, too.
- Ian Cole has a great smile, despite what Brandon Dubinsky thinks. The Pens scored one second after the resulting power play. And you guessed it — the goal was set up by Cole. The Jackets have no answer for the Pens. None at all.
- Where was this dominant Rick Nash all season long? Sheesh.
- Maybe the Sharks should decline penalties. Their power play is porous. Two shorties? C’mon.
- Henrik Lundqvist made 54 saves. He blamed his teammates for the other four shots. Nothing new here. And here I thought Swedish hockey players were the consummate team players.