Just a few things that caught my eye:
- Sidney Crosby’s head woes started with Dave Steckel. Will they end — along with his career — with Matt Niskanen? Is sure hope not, but how many head hits can he take?
- Niskanen’s hit was bad, but Alexander Ovechkin’s hit to Crosby’s head (and slewfoot) a second earlier was worse — it pitched Sid off balance and straight into Niskanen’s stick.
- Thanks for finally showing up, Kevin Stattenkirk. Is there anyone whose stock as dropped further based on their postseason?
- The angle of impact on Crosby’s head was eerily similar to the angle of impact on that Steckel hit.
- Very quietly, Justin Williams has been in the center of just about everything good the Caps have done this postseason. Not bad for a 35-year-old.
- Save of the game? You decide. Marc-Andre Fleury vs Daniel Winnik.
- What exactly was the Penguin on the left doing? I’ve seen a lot, but that one is truly bizarre.