You wouldn’t necessarily know it by the score, but that was a boring, painful game to watch, and I say that as a person who pushed ATS and had Justin Tucker, who did well, going for a few fantasy teams. Penalties, dink and dunk, punts and a total lack of electrifying plays.
• Tom Savage threw two picks and fumbled, but was relatively civilized compared to Joe Flacco. Savage got 6.8 YPA and was mostly on target in a tough environment. It was still a bad game when you factor in the two sacks and turnovers, but it was progress.
• Lamar Miller scored a TD, but mostly found it tough going. He was better than Alfred Blue, though and had 17 carries to Blue’s eight.
• DeAndre Hopkins had a 10-7-125 line against a good secondary on the road. This is a week after he put up solid numbers against Patrick Peterson. Antonio Brown is the league’s clear No. 1 WR, but Hopkins has a great case to be No. 2.
• C.J. Fiedorowicz had eight targets, catching four for 37 yards. TE has been a wasteland this year, so he should be on your radar.
• Joe Flacco got 4.4 YPA at home against an average-at-best pass defense. Supposedly, the Ravens wanted to take deep shots, and they did once or twice, but they don’t have anyone who can win on a jump ball. I imagine Mike Wallace can still run past the defense, but none of his targets were thrown in stride. Flacco did have 42 rushing yards, showing he’s healthy, but he has no upside whatsoever.
• Wallace saw 11 targets, but managed only 48 yards. Jeremy Maclin had one catch for six yards on five targets.
• Alex Collins went 16-for-60 and a TD against a tough Texans run defense, but 29 of those yards came on one run. He was mostly stuffed. Danny Woodhead had four carries and four catches.
RotoWire has the best daily fantasy baseball tools on the web.
Try Our Daily MLB Lineup Optimizer
• Justin Tucker never ceases to amaze. Three more field goals, all straight down the middle, irrespective of distance. The greatest of all time, and no one’s even close.
• The Texans outplayed the Ravens. Baltimore won only because of the three turnovers and a converted fake punt.