I had mixed emotions watching this game. On the one hand, the Dolphins plus 11 were my best bet. On the other, I needed Stephen Gostkowski (fine) and Brandin Cooks (not fine) to have big games for my NFFC contest. If I wasn’t drawing dead before, I almost certainly am now.
• Tom Brady had his worst game in recent memory with 5.4 YPA, one TD, two picks and two sacks. The passes he did complete were dink and dunk. With Cooks getting muscled at the line, and Rob Gronkowski suspended, Brady had nowhere to go with the ball except checkdowns to Danny Amendola, Dion Lewis and Rex Burkhead. Cooks had just one catch, on the final drive, for 38 yards.
• Kenyan Drake had a huge game – 114 yard rushing and five catches for 79 yards. He led the team is both rushing and receiving. It’s odd the team had Jay Ajayi and him, yet was a terrible at running for most of the year. It’s also odd Drake only got the job because Damian Williams got hurt.
• Jarvis Landry scored twice and caught all eight of his targets for 46 yards. He’s a dink and dunk specialist, but he’s getting in the end zone this year (eight TDs.) DeVante Parker caught four of his six targets for 40 yards. He’s back on the radar, but too little, too late.
• Jay Cutler played a great game. He had a modest 6.9 YPA, but three TDs and no picks. He also made a few good throws under pressure and few mistakes.
• Maybe Xavien Howard (two picks, shut down Cooks) is really good. In addition to the household names (Patrick Peterson, Richard Sherman, Aqib Talib, Josh Norman), there have been some new elite corners arriving on the scene (Casey Hayward, Jaylen Ramsey, Marshon Lattimore) this year, and maybe Howard (the seventh pick in the 2016 second round draft) will soon join them.
• As I said, I’m probably drawing dead, but I appreciated the 4.8 points for Cooks on the final drive and the last-minute field goal from Gostkowski. At least I got something.
RotoWire has the best fantasy baseball tools on the web.
Get Our 2018 MLB Draft Kit Now