After a brutal weekend it was nice to get a small respite – DeSean Jackson getting me a point or so before getting hurt was enough to win a small, private, low-stakes DFS contest, and I had the Bucs plus six.
• Jameis Winston played a great game – 299 yards, 8.5 YPA, three TDs, no picks and only two sacks. He also ran for 18 yards. Mike Evans caught five of eight targets for 79 yards and a score, but it would have been a huge day had he not been called twice for offensive PI on big plays. O.J. Howard might have had a big day, but he got hurt on his TD catch and left the game.
• Peyton Barber started for the Bucs and looked okay. LOL at those who waited out Doug Martin’s early-season suspension.
• Matt Ryan and Julio Jones had pedestrian games – you simply can’t count on either this year.
• Devonta Freeman had a huge game, leading the team in both rushing and receiving and totaling 194 YFS and a TD with five catches. He almost had a second TD, but fumbled into the end zone.
• Matt Bryant had a FG blocked, but also crushed a 57-yarder. It’s crazy how good the kicking in the modern NFL is compared to past eras.
RotoWire has the best daily fantasy football tools on the web.
Try Our NFL Lineup Optimizer Now