As someone who had the Titans +6, that was a frustrating watch. The game turned on two plays mainly, the 4th-and-1 stuff inside the five when the Titans for God knows what reason handed off to the tight end and the next play when Lamar Miller ran for a 97-yard TD. That was a 14-point swing from which the Titans never recovered.
• Deshaun Watson missed a couple open receivers and was too easily knocked over on a couple sacks, but he scrambled well and threw nice balls to DeAndre Hopkins and Demaryius Thomas. He had a monster fantasy day – 220 passing yards and two TDs as well as 70 rushing yards and a rushing TD.
• I’ve mocked Lamar Miller for a couple years now, but if there’s one skill he’s always had it’s speed. Miller ran a 4.40 40 at the Combine, lightning fast for a running back, and he showed it on his 97-yard TD run as the DBs chasing him had no chance. Miller finished with 162 yards and a TD on only 12 carries. Alfred Blue actually had 13 carries, but for only 49 yards,
• DeAndre Hopkins (6-5-74) had a modest day, but he was productive given the constant double teams and the unfriendly game flow. Demaryius Thomas went 5-4-38-2 on most people’s benches, as not many were high on DMT for this matchup. Keke Coutee went 2-2-14.
• Marcus Mariota completed 22 of 23 passes for 303 yards (13.2 YPA) and two TDs. He also ran for 28 yards and did not throw a pick. The big negative? He took six sacks, and the Titans had a lot of holding and false start penalties. Mariota looked sharp all game, though.
• Corey Davis led the team in rushing and receiving. He got 39 yards on his only carry and finished with a 4-4-96-1 line. Jonnu Smith was the only other pass catcher of note, going 2-2-62-1, thanks to a 61-yard TD early in the game.
• Dion Lewis was stuffed – seven carries for eight yards, though had had seven catches for 33 yards. Derrick Henry had eight carries for 30 yards and two catches for 19, but lost a fumble at the end of the game.
RotoWire has the best fantasy baseball tools on the web.
Get Our 2019 MLB Draft Kit Now