Another day in the NFL and injuries continue to plague players as teams tend to exercise caution by having them sit out. There are also coaches who appear to be getting frustrated with the absences of some of their key players as well. Some position battles are becoming clearer for the start of the season.
- While he expects to be ready for Week 1, Andrew Luck will continue to miss practice this week due to a calf strain. Multiple MRIs report it’s only a strain but it seems like this could be a concern for Andrew Luck all season. Should Luck miss any time the Colts have one of the more capable backups in the league on their roster in Jacoby Brissett. Brissett would definitely be on the fantasy radar if Luck misses any time.
- D’Onta Foreman signed with the Colts with the team placing Spence Ware on PUP-R list Friday. Foreman will be competing for a backup spot with his stiffest competition being Jordan Wilkins. Nyheim Hines will be utilized as a receiver out of the backfield and is ahead of Foreman on the depth chart.
- Ryan Fitzpatrick, not Josh Rosen, is listed as the first sting quarterback on the Dolphins current depth chart. This was expected as barring something crazy happening Fitz was expected to be the Week 1 starter. It’s unlikely the Dolphins made enough improvements as a team to compete for a playoff spot so look for Rosen to take over the starting role at some point this season.
- Both Joe Flacco and DK Metcalf are expected to make their debuts when their two teams face off in Thursday’s preseason game. Neither player will likely play more than a couple of series and Flacco will likely be without top wideout Emmanuel Sanders.
- Buffalo’s Devin Singletary is listed as the third running back on the Bills’ depth chart ahead of T.J. Yeldon. Singletary remains a great upside play whose ADP is around 140, making him a 11th/12th round pick in most drafts.