With Week 16 in the books and a lot of players sitting out Week 17, I wanted to take a look back at the DFS season by the numbers for DraftKings, by looking at the best performances and players to hit value at each position for cash games and GPPS.
Best Value: Derek Carr
$5900, 39.82, 6.7x, @ Bucs, Week 8
Best Game: Aaron Rodgers
$6700, 40.18, vs Vikings, Week 16
Most times hitting at least 3x value (Cash):
Most times hitting at least 4x value (GPP):
The top quarterbacks all put up at least 3x value on average. The best cash game players were Rodgers, Ryan, Luck, and Cousins based on their lower standard deviations.
Best Game: LeVeon Bell, $9000, 54.8, vs Bills, Week 14
Best Value: Jay Ajayi
, $3500, 36.7, 10.5x, vs Steelers, Week 6
- The following running backs hit for at least 3x value the most times:
- The following teams allowed the most running backs to hit for at least 3x value:
- 49ers 15
- Falcons 14
- Bengals, Browns, Colts, Chiefs 12
- The following teams allowed the fewest running backs to hit for at least 3x value:
- Ravens, Bears 6
- Cardinals, Cowboys, Giants, Seahawks 7
- The following running backs hit for at least 4x value the most times:
- Bilal Powell, Carlos Hyde, Isaiah Crowell, Jordan Howard, Tevin Coleman 5
- David Johnson, Devonta Freeman, Jalen Richard, Jay Ajayi, LeGarrette Blount, Melvin Gordon, Terrance West, Tim Hightower - 4
- The following teams allowed the most running backs to hit for at least 4x value:
- 49ers - 12
- Colts, Saints 8
- Vikings 7
- The following teams allowed the fewest running backs to hit for at least 4x value:
- Giants 2
- Falcons, Ravens, Bears, Lions - 3
The common theme in both formats is the Ravens and Bears are two defenses you never want to play running backs against. They dont allow value in cash games or tournaments.
- The following running backs had at least 25 points in a game:
This group of stud running backs showed that bellcows still exist in 2016:
I found the players who didnt average at least 3x value to be interesting like Freeman, Miller, Ingram, Ware, Gore, and Forte. This group was either very inconsistent or had very low ceilings.
Best Value: Davante Adams
, $3900, 10.6x, 41.2 vs Bears, Week 7
Best Game: Julio Jones
, $9200, 51.0 vs Panthers, Week 4
- The following wide receivers hit 3x value the most:
- Marqise Lee, Kenny Stills 9
- Tyrell Williams, Adam Thielen, Rishard Matthews, Pierre Garcon, Michael Crabtree 8
- Davante Adams, Sterling Shepard, Michael Thomas, Jamison Crowder, DeSean Jackson, Cole Beasley 7
- The following teams allowed the most wide receivers to hit at least 3x value:
- Titans 24
- Eagles 19
- Cardinals, Rams, 49ers 18
*Notice the Eagles didnt allow any receivers to hit 5x (a big game), but did allow the second-most to hit 3x value which is great for cash games.
- The following teams allowed the fewest wide receivers to hit at least 3x value:
- Broncos 4
- Colts, Vikings, Steelers 11
- Bengals, Seahawks, Texans 12
The Broncos completely shut down opposing wide receivers in every aspect of fantasy with the best secondary in the NFL.
- Hit at least 4x:
- Hit at least 20 points:
One of the things sharp players discovered about wide receivers on DraftKings is that the salaries were too high based on the actual scores. Most of the top tier WRs were terrible values in cash games and I wrote about this repeatedly in prior articles.
Best Value: Dwayne Allen
, $2600, 29.2 points, 11.2x, vs Jets Week 13
Best Game: Travis Kelce
, $5000, 36.0 points, vs Broncos Week 16
- The following tight ends have hit for at least 3x value (Cash):
- The following tight ends have hit for at least 4x value (GPP):
The author(s) of this article may play in daily fantasy contests including – but not limited to – games that they have provided recommendations or advice on in this article. In the course of playing in these games using their personal accounts, it's possible that they will use players in their lineups or other strategies that differ from the recommendations they have provided above. The recommendations in this article do not necessarily reflect the views of RotoWire. Michael Rathburn plays in daily fantasy contests using the following accounts: FanDuel: burnnotice, DraftKings: burnnotice, Yahoo: burnnotice, Fantasy Aces: burnnotice, FantasyDraft: burnnotice.