• Cleveland went house on Kansas City tonight, 15-4. Among the housiest of the Indians was Jayson Nix. Boom: 5 PA, 2 2B, 1 HR. The nice thing is he didn't strikeout, either. He entered the game with a line of .266/.317/.473. He's better than that now.
• Gregor Blanco was 4-for-4 with a walk. Throw your hands in the air, America!
• In case you didn't know, Jed Lowrie's triple-slash entering play tonight: .282/.393/.507. He didn't do so much today, but those are sweet numbers – esp. for a guy with a .283 BABIP.
• Is Chris Johnson for realz? The .411 BABIP says probably not. The 4.2|PERCENT| BB rate and 23.3|PERCENT| K rate say probably not. Still, he went 2-for-3 tonight with a 2B and BB.
• Woah: Jay Bruce hit three dongers tonight, bringing his season total to 16. My gut says he's gonna be great. My gut also say, "More beer!"
• Woah, in a different way: Chris Narveson pitched kinda well tonight. Line: 7.0 IP, 27 TBF, 8 K, 1 BB, 8 GB on 18 BIP (44.4|PERCENT|). That's probably Narveson's best.
• Andres Torres was only 0-for-3 with a BB tonight, yet remains incredibly talented and handsome.
• Don't be afraid of James McDonald's 6 ER tonight. Look at the this, instead: 6.1 IP, 27 TBF, 7 K, 2 BB, 8 GB on 17 BIP (47.1|PERCENT|). The Ws might not be there on this particular version of the Pirates, but they could be more interesting next year. For real, playa.
• B.J. Upton (37), Brett Gardner (36), Cliff Pennington (22), Drew Stubbs (21, 22), Rogearvin Bernardina (12), Trevor Crowe (12), Jamey Carroll (11), Sean Rodriguez (10), Jeff Francoeur (8), Omar Vizquel (7, 8), Brian Roberts (7), Jose Bautista (6), Ramiro Pena (6), Michael Brantley (5), Scott Podsednik (5), Ryan Zimmerman (4), Don Kelly (3), Carlos Beltran (1), Jason Repko (1).
Kinda Weird Save Chances
• Hisanori Takahashi, converted (2). Line: K, H.
• Koji Uehara, converted (3). He appears to be the O's closer now.
Mostly Normal Save Chances
• Ryan Franklin, converted (22).
• Jonathan Papelbon, converted (33). Strikeout, walk, strikeout, walk, strikeout.
• Hong-Chih Kuo, converted (6). Line: 1.1 IP, 2 K.
Closers, Other Appearances
• Billy Wagner pitched an inning with the Braves up 7-1. Line: 1.0 IP, 2 BB, K. No big whoop.
• Andrew Bailey pitched with the A's down 3-7. Line: 1.0 IP, 1K. No big whoop.
• John Axford pitched with the Crew up 7-2. Line: 1.0 IP, 3 K, nothing else. Blam!
• David Aardsma entered with his Mariners down 2-6 versus Minnesota. Line: 1.0 IP, 3 K, 1 BB, 1 H.
• Allen Craig batted leadoff today for the Cardinals. For the first time in his career, looks like.
• Travis Snider batted leadoff today for the Blue Jays. Here's the thing about him: he's still only 22 years old. I'd forgotten that; don't you make the same mistake!
• Chris Valaika started at second base and batted second tonight for the Reds, in place of the injured Brandon Phillips. Not much to see here: Phillips mayn't go to the DL; Valaika has serious contact issues.
The Young and Potentially Restless
• Eric Young Jr played second and led off tonight. He's been doing that lately.
• I didn't watch the game, but Peter Bourjos probably had, like, 11 sweet catches tonight.
• Matt Tuiasosopo started in LF for Seattle tonight.