This article is part of our 30 Days, 30 Teams, 30 Facts series.
With the NBA on hiatus for at least 30 days, I'll be coping by posting an article every day with 30 random/interesting facts from each of the 30 teams. Hopefully, the season will resume when I hit publish on the Wizards' article.
Portland Trail Blazers
Stats are mostly from Cleaning the Glass, but also RotoWire, NBA.com and Basketball-Reference.
- CJ McCollum is sixth in the league in minutes played (2,229).
- CJ McCollum is seventh in field goals made (549).
- Damian Lillard has scored the fifth-most points (1,677) in the NBA. His 125.5 points per 100 shot attempts is in the 98th percentile for point guards.
- Hassan Whiteside is first in total rebounds (869) and blocks (187).
- Damian Lillard is sixth in total assists (453).
- Damian Lillard is first in minutes per game (36.9).
- Damian Lillard is seventh in PER (26.2) while Hassan Whiteside is 10th (25.0).
- Damian Lillard is fifth in win shares (9.6) while Hassan Whiteside is 10th (8.1). Lillard is also ninth in box plus/minus (7.2) and VORP (4.9).
- Since joining the Trail Blazers, Trevor Ariza's 129.4 points per 100 shot attempts is in the 95th percentile for wing players.
- 83% of Damian Lillard's shots are unassisted, ranking in the 100th percentile for point guards in terms of iso attempts.
- One quarter of Carmelo Anthony's shots come from the long mid-range.
- CJ McCollum is 56% (40-of-72) on corner threes, ranking in the 100th percentile for combo guards.
- With the Blazers, Trevor Ariza has been fouled on 13.7% of his shot attempts, ranking in the 90th percentile for wing players.
- Damian Lillard draws a non-shooting foul on 3.7% of team plays, ranking in the 96th percentile for point guards.
- Trevor Ariza has the highest point differential (+14.0) of anyone who has seen 700+ minutes with the team. He's followed by Damian Lillard (+10.7) and Hassan Whiteside (+10.5).
- Anfernee Simons has the worst point differential (-13.4) of anyone on the Blazers who has seen at least 100 minutes.
- Opponents shoot 3.1% more long mid-rangers with Hassan Whiteside on the court – a difference that ranks in the 97th percentile in terms of forcing that shot.
- Opponents score 8.4 fewer points per 100 halfcourt plays with Trevor Ariza on the court – a difference that ranks in the 94th percentile.
- Opponents start 3.4% more plays with a transition opportunity with Mario Hezonja on the court – a difference that ranks in the second percentile.
- Out of all Blazers lineups that have seen 100+ possessions together, the best is +12.0 and contains Damian Lillard, CJ McCollum, Kent Bazemore, Anthony Tolliver and Hassan Whiteside. The worst is -7.0 and replaces Kent Bazemore with Rodney Hood.
- Lineups without Damian Lillard or CJ McCollum are -17.3 points per 100 possessions.
- Lineups with Carmelo Anthony at center are -14.4 points per 100 possessions.
- With both Trevor Ariza and Carmelo Anthony on the court, the Blazers are +5.3 points per 100 possessions.
- Portland has the fifth-worst defense (114.2 points allowed per 100 possessions) in the NBA.
- Portland has the sixth-worst spread differential (-1.2) in the league.
- On the road against top-10 teams, Portland has the third-best offense (111.0) but the ninth-worst defense (117.8).
- The Trail Blazers have the third-lowest turnover rate (12.8%) in the league.
- The Trail Blazers are the third-worst offensive rebounding team in the NBA, allowing opponents to grab 27.9% of their misses.
- Portland takes the seventh-most long mid-rangers (14.0% of team attempts).
- Portland is the second-least accurate at the rim (60.3%).