This article is part of our Fantasy Hockey Puckcast series.
Due to COVID issues, the NHL has realigned into four divisions: North (Canada), East, West and Central. This week, Statsman and AJ preview the fantasy issues for each team in the West. Specific topics include:
- Anaheim Ducks – Youngsters Troy Terry and Sam Steel could push for more opportunities.
- Arizona Coyotes – Oliver Ekman-Larson remained with the team in the offseason, will that last all year?
- Colorado Avalanche – Nathan MacKinnon is poised to challenge for the Art Ross Trophy
- Los Angeles Kings – New addition Andreas Athanasiou is unlikely to improve this team's fortunes.
- Minnesota Wild – Plenty of question remains unanswered included which version of Cam Talbot are the Wild getting.
- San Jose Sharks – Patrick Marleau can surpass Gordie Howe for the all-time games played record
- St. Louis Blues – Mike Hoffman figures to immediately jump to the top line after signing a PTO
- Vegas Golden Knights – Marc-Andre Fleury and Robin Lehner make up the best tandem in the NHL.
Enjoy either the audio or video versions. Here is the traditional audio podcast:
And here is the full video episode: