This article is part of our DraftKings CS:GO series.
- 7:00 a.m: Spirit (SPI) vs. Virtus.pro (VP)
- 10:30 a.m: G2 Esports (G2) vs. Team Vitality (VIT)
- 2:00 p.m: Astralis (A) vs. FaZe Clan (FaZe)
Spirit vs. Virtus.pro
The first match of the day is a semi-final featuring Spirit, who were dominant throughout the group stage, against a Virtus.pro side that has struggled well off their usual level in the Road to Rio. Spirit come into the semi-final off a 5-0 group stage run, with an absurd plus-64 round difference, seeing them sit at the top of both groups. This match could prove to be one of the most interesting of the day; on paper, Virtus.pro have the edge in firepower, but their form, including a 2-1 victory over Nemiga in the quarter-final, leaves a lot to be desired. Spirit on the other hand, have only lost one map across the entire tournament, and will look to keep that run going in the playoffs. If Virtus.pro want to secure a grand final berth they will look towards stars Jame and buster, both of whom have been quiet lately. Spirit will look to mir and chopper to continue their excellent form, with mir second in the tournament, featuring a 1.39 rating, Chopper third with a 1.30 rating. Overall, this match should be tightly contested, with VP looking for a return to top form.
- SPI Players to Target: mir ($12,900 Captain, $8,600 Flex), chopper ($11,700 Captain, $7,800 Flex)
- VP Players to Target: buster ($10,800 Captain, $7,200 Flex), qikert ($10,500 Captain, $7,000