This article is part of our Golf Draft Kit series.
A player's grade is based solely on his value for 2016-17. The value compares 2015-16 earnings vs. 2016-17 projected earnings. A player like Sergio Garcia might earn a "D" grade or lower, but that is no indication of how he will play this year. It is simply a result of how his 2016-17 projected earnings compare to his 2015-16 earnings.
Improvement percentage (2015-16 earnings vs. 2016-17 projected earnings) is the factor that drives the grading process. Anything positive is a good score, though a slight positive score might just reflect inflation in the prize money.
Ranking includes only 2016-17 PGA Tour card winners who played at least 10 events on last year's tour:
• Top 125 on PGA Tour Money List (M = made money list only)
• Top 125 on FedEx Cup Points List (P = made points list only)
• Non-Rookie PGA Tour Card Winners from Web.com Tour (W)
• Notable Exempt Players not in Top 125, i.e. Tiger Woods (E)
• Conditional Status Players who Finished 126-150 on Points List (C)
• Rookies (R)
• International Players (I)
Click column headers to sort.
|GOLFER||2015-16 EVENTS||2015-16 EARNINGS||2016-17 PROJ. EARNINGS||IMPROVE%||GRADE|
|1. Pat Perez - E||11||$47,840||$1,050,000||2,094.8||A|
|2. Charlie Beljan - E||13||$11,160||$100,000||796.1||A|
|3. Ian Poulter - E||13||$370,256||$1,600,000||332.1||A|
|4. Rory Sabbatini - W||20||$150,236||$450,000||199.5||A|
|5. Rod Pampling|