This article is part of our Premier League Projections series.
Note this article will be updated throughout the week with any corresponding news. To see all projected and confirmed lineups on one page, please click here.
Last update: 1:30 p.m. EDT on Fri., Oct 30
- Friday, 4:00 pm: Wolverhampton vs. Crystal Palace
- Saturday, 8:30 am: Sheffield United vs. Manchester City
- Saturday, 11:00 am: Burnley vs. Chelsea
- Saturday, 1:30 pm: Liverpool vs. West Ham United
- Sunday, 7:00 am: Aston Villa vs. Southampton
- Sunday, 9:00 am: Newcastle United vs. Everton
- Sunday, 11:30 am: Manchester United vs. Arsenal
- Sunday, 2:15 pm: Tottenham Hotspur vs. Brighton & Hove Albion
- Monday, 12:30 pm: Fulham vs. West Bromwich Albion
- Monday, 3:00 pm: Leeds United vs. Leicester City
Arsenal (at Manchester United)
- Previous Results: Lost 0-1 v. Leicester City, played v. Dundalk on Thursday
- Out: Gabriel Martinelli (knee), Pablo Mari (ankle), Rob Holding (hamstring), Calum Chambers (knee)
- Questionable: David Luiz (muscular injury)
- Previous Europa League Lineup (Thurs., Oct 29): Runar Alex Runarsson (GK), Ainsley Maitland-Niles (DL), Sead Kolasinac (DC), Shkodran Mustafi (DC), Cedric Soares (DR), Granit Xhaka (MC), Mohamed Elneny (MC), Joe Willock (MC), Nicolas Pepe (FWL), Edward Nketiah (FW), Reiss Nelson (FWR)
- Projected Lineup (4-3-3 at Manchester United): Bernd Leno (GK), Kieran Tierney (DL), Shkodran Mustafi (DC), Gabriel (DC), Hector Bellerin (DR), Dani Ceballos (MC), Bukayo Saka (MC), Thomas Partey (MC), Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (FWL), Willian (FWR), Alexandre Lacazette (FW)
- Notes: Arsenal revert to a 4-3-3 formation, moving Saka back to the midfield so Willian can take up his spot in the attack after making the bench midweek.
Aston Villa (v. Southampton)
- Previous Result: 0-3 loss v. Leeds United
- Out: Wesley Moraes (knee), Kortney Hause (groin), Bjorn Engels (thigh), Tom Heaton (knee)
- Questionable: None
- Projected Lineup (4-2-3-1 v. Southampton): Emiliano Martinez (GK), Matt Targett (DL), Tyrone Mings (DC), Ezri Konsa (DC), Matty Cash (DR), Douglas Luiz (DMC), John McGinn (DMC), Jack Grealish (AML), Ross Barkley (AMC), Trezeguet (AMR), Ollie Watkins (FW)
- Notes: Villa continue with their 4-2-3-1 formation and chalk up last week's loss as unlucky.
Brighton & Hove Albion (at Tottenham Hotspur)
- Previous Result: 1-1 draw v. West Bromwich Albion
- Out: Lewis Dunk (suspension), Jose Izquierdo (knee), Alireza Jahanbakhsh (hamstring), Florin Andone (knee)
- Questionable: Davy Propper (Achilles), Christian Walton (ankle)
- Projected Lineup (3-4-2-1 at Tottenham): Mathew Ryan (GK), Ben White (MC), Joel Veltman (DC), Adam Webster (DC), Solomon March (ML), Yves Bissouma (MC), Steven Alzate (MC), Tariq Lamptey (MR), Adam Lallana (AMC), Leandro Trossard (AMC), Neal Maupay (FW)
- Notes: Alzate comes in for Dan Burn, which moves White to center-back, helping rejuvenate the attack. Aaron Connolly could take the spot of Lallana.
Burnley (v. Chelsea)
- Previous Result: 0-1 loss v. Tottenham Hotspur
- Out: Jack Cork (ankle), Ben Mee (thigh), Erik Pieters (calf), Phil Bardsley (COVID-19)
- Questionable: Johann Berg Gudmundsson (calf)
- Projected Lineup (4-4-2 v. Chelsea): Nick Pope (GK), Matthew Lowton (DR), Kevin Long (DC), James Tarkowski (DC), Charlie Taylor (DL), Josh Brownhill (MR), Dale Stephens (MC), Ashley Westwood (MC), Dwight McNeil (ML), Chris Wood (FW), Ashley Barnes (FW)
- Notes: Another muscle injury for Gudmundsson means a return to the XI for Stephens, pushing Brownhill to an outside position.
Chelsea (at Burnley)
- Previous Result: 0-0 draw at Manchester United, 4-0 win at Krasnodar on Wednesday
- Out: Billy Gilmour (knee)
- Questionable: Kepa Arrizabalaga (shoulder)
- Previous Champions League League Lineup (Wed., Oct 28): Edouard Mendy (GK), Ben Chilwell (DL), Antonio Rudiger (DC), Kurt Zouma (DC), Cesar Azpilicueta (DR), Mateo Kovacic (DMC), Jorginho (DMC), Callum Hudson-Odoi (AMC), Kai Havertz (AML), Hakim Ziyech (AMR), Timo Werner (FW)
- Projected Lineup (4-2-3-1 at Burnley): Edouard Mendy (GK), Ben Chilwell (DL), Thiago Silva (DC), Kurt Zouma (DC), Reece James (DR), N'Golo Kante (DMC), Mateo Kovacic (DMC), Mason Mount (AML), Kai Havertz (AMC), Christian Pulisic (AMR), Timo Werner (FW)
- Notes: Chelsea go back to a 4-2-3-1, which moves Azpilicueta to the bench after starting midweek. Kovacic also comes in to give Jorginho rest in the midfield, while Mount and Pulisic join the attack after not starting against Krasnodar.
Crystal Palace (at Wolverhampton)
- Previous Result: 1-2 win at Fulham
- Out: Wayne Hennessey (undisclosed), Connor Wickham (undisclosed), Nathan Ferguson (knee), Joel Ward (undisclosed)
- Questionable: Gary Cahill (shin), Jack Butland (COVID-19), Jordan Ayew (COVID-19), James McCarthy (groin), James Tomkins (thigh), Tyrick Mitchell (knock)
- Projected Lineup (4-4-2 at Wolverhampton): Vicente Guaita (GK), Patrick van Aanholt (DL), Gary Cahill (DC), Cheikhou Kouyate (DC), Nathaniel Clyne (DR), Jeffrey Schlupp (ML), James McArthur (MC), Jairo Riedewald (MC), Andros Townsend (MR), Wilfried Zaha (FW), Michy Batshuayi (FW)
- Notes: McArthur takes the spot of Luka Milivojevic after missing last week with a knock and van Aanholt comes in for Mitchell, who has a knock. Cahill is also back, moving Scott Dann to the bench, while Ayew could replace Batshuayi in the attack.
Everton (at Newcastle United)
- Previous Result: 2-0 loss at Southampton
- Out: Lucas Digne (suspension), Richarlison (suspension), Seamus Coleman (hamstring), Mason Holgate (toe), Jean-Philippe Gbamin (Achilles), Cenk Tosun (knee), James Rodriguez (undisclosed)
- Questionable: Jonjoe Kenny (ankle), Jarrad Branthwaite (ankle)
- Projected Lineup (4-3-3 at Newcastle): Jordan Pickford (GK), Niels Nkounkou (DL), Michael Keane (DC), Yerry Mina (DC), Ben Godfrey (DR), Andre Gomes (MC), Allan (MC), Abdoulaye Doucoure (MC), Bernard (FWL), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (FW), Gylfi Sigurdsson (FWR)
- Notes: Nkounkou starts at left-back for the suspended Digne, while Bernard starts for Alex Iwobi, who disappointed last weekend. Kenny is also an option to feature at full-back. Gomes re-enters the midfield and pushes Sigurdsson into a more attacking role.
Fulham (v. West Bromwich Albion)
- Previous Result: 1-2 loss v. Crystal Palace
- Out: Aboubakar Kamara (suspension), Kenny Tete (calf), Neeskans Kebano (undisclosed), Terence Kongolo (foot)
- Questionable: Joachim Andersen (ankle)
- Projected Lineup (4-2-3-1 v. West Brom): Alphonse Areola (GK), Tim Ream (DC), Ola Aina (DC), Tosin Adarabioyo (DC), Antonee Robinson (ML), Tom Cairney (AMC), Andre Zambo Anguissa (DMC), Mario Lemina (DMC), Ademola Lookman (AML), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (AMR), Aleksandar Mitrovic (FW)
- Notes: Fulham return to a 4-2-3-1, which moves Cairney into a more attacking role, though there's a chance Ivan Cavaleiro enters the XI again.
Leeds United (v. Leicester City)
- Previous Result: 0-3 win at Aston Villa
- Out: Kalvin Phillips (shoulder), Diego Llorente (groin), Adam Forshaw (hip), Gaetano Berardi (knee)
- Questionable: Liam Cooper (groin)
- Projected Lineup (4-4-1-1 v. Leicester City): Illan Meslier (GK), Liam Cooper (DC) Luke Ayling (DL), Robin Koch (DC), Stuart Dallas (DR), Jamie Shackleton (MC), Mateusz Klich (MC), Helder Costa (MR), Jack Harrison (ML), Rodrigo (AMC), Patrick Bamford (FW)
- Notes: Leeds use the same formation as last match, though Jamie Shackleton could start for Struijk in the defensive midfield position. Cooper is healthy again and he starts for Ezgjan Alioski which moves Ayling to left-back.
Leicester City (at Leeds United)
- Previous Result: 0-1 win at Arsenal
- Out: Ricardo Pereira (knee), Wilfred Ndidi (groin), Caglar Soyuncu (groin), Daniel Amartey (hamstring), Timothy Castagne (hamstring)
- Questionable: Jonny Evans (back)
- Previous Europa League League Lineup (Thurs., Oct 29): Kasper Schmeichel (GK), Marc Albrighton (MR), Wes Morgan (DC), Wesley Fofana (DC), Christian Fuchs (DC), James Justin (ML), Hamza Choudhury (DMC), Youri Tielemans (DMC), Cengiz Under (AMC), James Maddison (AMC), Jamie Vardy (FW)
- Projected Lineup (4-2-3-1 at Leeds): Kasper Schmeichel (GK), Marc Albrighton (DR), Wes Morgan (DC), Wesley Fofana (DC), James Justin (DL), Nampalys Mendy (DMC), Youri Tielemans (DMC), Harvey Barnes (AML), Dennis Praet (AMR), James Maddison (AMC), Jamie Vardy (FW)
- Notes: Vardy and Maddison continue in the XI after starting midweek. Morgan starts for Evans, while Albrighton is in for Castagne.
Liverpool (at West Ham United)
- Previous Result: 2-1 win v. Sheffield United, 2-0 win v. Midtjylland on Tuesday
- Out: Virgil van Dijk (knee), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (knee), Fabinho (hamstring)
- Questionable: Thiago Alcantara (knee), Naby Keita (illness), Joel Matip (strain), Konstantinos Tsimikas (thigh)
- Previous Champions League League Lineup (Tues., Oct 27): Alisson Becker (GK), Andrew Robertson (DL), Fabinho (DC), Joe Gomez (DC), Trent Alexander-Arnold (DR), Jordan Henderson (MC), James Milner (MC), Xherdan Shaqiri (MC), Diogo Jota (FWL), Divock Origi (FW), Takumi Minamino (FWR)
- Projected Lineup (4-2-3-1 at West Ham): Alisson Becker (GK), Andrew Robertson (DL), Rhys Williams (DC), Joe Gomez (DC), Trent Alexander-Arnold (DR), Jordan Henderson (DMC), Georginio Wijnaldum (DMC), Diogo Jota (AMR) Sadio Mane (AML), Roberto Firmino (AMC), Mohamed Salah (FW)
- Notes: Matip is the biggest question at center-back, while the other questions come in the midfield where Thiago and Keita remain doubtful. It's a similar XI to last week with Williams entering for the injured Fabinho.
Manchester City (at Sheffield United)
- Previous Result: 1-1 draw v. West Ham United, 3-0 win at Marseille on Tuesday
- Out: Gabriel Jesus (strain), Benjamin Mendy (undisclosed), Fernandinho (leg), Sergio Aguero (hamstring), Nathan Ake (groin)
- Previous Champions League League Lineup (Tues., Oct 27): Ederson (GK), Oleksandr Zinchenko (DL), Ruben Dias (DC), Aymeric Laporte (DC), Kyle Walker (DR), Ferran Torres (MC), Ilkay Gundogan (MC), Rodri (MC), Phil Foden (FW), Raheem Sterling (FW), Kevin De Bruyne (AMC)
- Projected Lineup (4-3-3 at Sheffield United): Ederson (GK), Joao Cancelo (DL), Ruben Dias (DC), Aymeric Laporte (DC), Kyle Walker (DR), Bernardo Silva (MC), Rodri (MC), Kevin De Bruyne (MC), Phil Foden (AMR), Raheem Sterling (AML), Riyad Mahrez (FW)
- Notes: De Bruyne returns to the XI, while Silva also comes in after not starting midweek.
Manchester United (v. Arsenal)
- Previous Result: 0-0 draw v. Chelsea, 5-0 win v. RB Leipzig on Wednesday
- Out: Anthony Martial (suspension), Jesse Lingard (knock), Eric Bailly (knock), Phil Jones (knee), Alex Telles (COVID-19)
- Previous Champions League League Lineup (Wed., Oct 28): David de Gea (GK), Aaron Wan-Bissaka (DR), Luke Shaw (DL), Victor Lindelof (DC), Harry Maguire (DC), Fred (DMC), Nemanja Matic (DMC), Paul Pogba (AMC), Donny van de Beek (AML), Mason Greenwood (AMR), Anthony Martial (FW)
- Projected Lineup (4-2-3-1 v. Arsenal: David de Gea (GK), Aaron Wan-Bissaka (DR), Victor Lindelof (DC), Harry Maguire (DC), Luke Shaw (DL), Scott McTominay (DMC), Fred (DMC), Mason Greenwood (AMR), Bruno Fernandes (AMC), Daniel James (AML), Marcus Rashford (FW)
- Notes: After numerous players got some added rest midweek, Man United repeat their lineup from the draw against Chelsea with Greenwood coming in for Juan Mata.
Newcastle United (v. Everton)
- Previous Result: 1-1 draw at Wolverhampton
- Out: Jonjo Shelvey (groin), Matt Ritchie (shoulder), Dwight Gayle (knee), Martin Dubravka (heel), DeAndre Yedlin (knock)
- Questionable: Paul Dummett (knock), Ciaran Clark (thigh), Jamaal Lascelles (foot)
- Projected Lineup (5-3-2 v. Everton): Karl Darlow (GK), Fabian Schar (DC), Federico Fernandez (DC), Emil Krafth (DR), Jamal Lewis (DL), Ryan Fraser (MR), Jeff Hendrick (MC), Miguel Almiron (MR), Isaac Hayden (MC), Allan Saint-Maximin (FW), Callum Wilson (FW)
- Notes: Newcastle return to a 4-4-2, which moves Krafth in for the injured Lascelles. Hayden also comes in for Jacob Murphy, though Almiron and Fraser could also be casualties given Murphy's positive performance.
Sheffield United (v. Manchester City)
- Previous Result: 2-1 loss at Liverpool
- Out: John Fleck (back), Jack O'Connell (knee), Lys Mousset (toe), Simon Moore (finger)
- Questionable: Max Lowe (concussion)
- Projected Lineup (3-5-2 v. Manchester City): Aaron Ramsdale (GK), John Egan (DC), Enda Stevens (DC), Chris Basham (DC), George Baldock (MR), Sander Berge (MC), Max Lowe (ML), Ethan Ampadu (MC), Ben Osborn (MC), Rhian Brewster (FW), Oliver McBurnie (FW)
- Notes: Sheffield were competitive against Liverpool last match and hope the same players will repeat that performance against Man City, meaning Ampadu stays in the midfield. Oliver Burke is a possibility up front. Lowe replaces John Lundstram, who didn't agree to a new contract, which moves Osborn back inside.
Southampton (at Aston Villa)
- Previous Result: 2-0 win v. Everton
- Out: William Smallbone (thigh), Moussa Djenepo (hamstring), Mohammed Salisu (undisclosed)
- Projected Lineup (4-4-2 at Aston Villa: Alex McCarthy (GK), Kyle Walker-Peters (DR), Jan Bednarek (DC), Jannik Vestergaard (DC), Ryan Bertrand (DL), Nathan Redmond (ML), Oriol Romeu (MC), James Ward-Prowse (MC), Stuart Armstrong (MR), Che Adams (FW), Danny Ings (FW)
- Notes: The Saints stay the same with their go-to XI.
Tottenham Hotspur (v. Brighton & Hove Albion)
- Previous Result: 0-1 win at Burnley, played at Antwerp on Thursday
- Out: Japhet Tanganga (thigh)
- Previous Europa League League Lineup (Thurs., Oct 29): Hugo Lloris (GK), Serge Aurier (DR), Ben Davies (DC), Davinson Sanchez (DC), Sergio Reguilon (DL), Giovani Lo Celso (DMC), Harry Winks (DMC), Dele Alli (AMC), Gareth Bale (AMR), Steven Bergwijn (AML), Carlos Vinicius (FW)
- Projected Lineup (4-2-3-1 v. Brighton): Hugo Lloris (GK), Matt Doherty (DR), Toby Alderweireld (DC), Eric Dier (DC), Sergio Reguilon (DL), Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg (DMC), Moussa Sissoko (DMC), Tanguy Ndombele (AMC), Lucas Moura (AMR), Son Heung-Min (AML), Harry Kane (FW)
- Notes: Tottenham swapped lineups midweek and repeat what they used against Burnley outside of Reguilon coming in for Davies.
West Bromwich Albion (at Fulham)
- Previous Result: 1-1 draw at Brighton & Hove Albion
- Out: Hal Robson-Kanu (arm), Sam Field (knee)
- Questionable: Dara O'Shea (ankle)
- Projected Lineup (4-1-4-1 at Fulham): Sam Johnstone (GK), Darnell Furlong (DR), Semi Ajayi (DC), Branislav Ivanovic (DC), Conor Townsend (DL), Jake Livermore (DMC), Conor Gallagher (MC), Filip Krovinovic (MC), Matheus Pereira (MR), Grady Diangana (ML), Karlan Grant (FW)
- Notes: More of the same for the Baggies after some success with their 4-1-4-1 formation.
West Ham United (at Liverpool)
- Previous Result: 1-1 draw v. Manchester City
- Out: Michail Antonio (hamstring)
- Projected Lineup (3-4-3 at Liverpool): Lukasz Fabianski (GK), Vladimir Coufal (MR), Aaron Cresswell (DC), Angelo Ogbonna (DC), Fabian Balbuena (DC), Arthur Masuaku (ML), Jarrod Bowen (AMR), Declan Rice (MC), Tomas Soucek (MC), Pablo Fornals (AML), Andriy Yarmolenko (FW)
- Notes: The injury to Antonio moves Yarmolenko into the starting XI in a 3-4-3. Yarmolenko has been the top substitute in recent matches, though Sebastien Haller is also an option.
Wolverhampton (v. Crystal Palace)
- Previous Result: 1-1 draw v. Newcastle United
- Out: Jonny (knee)
- Questionable: None
- Projected Lineup (3-4-3 v. Crystal Palace: Rui Patricio (GK), Willy Boly (DC), Conor Coady (DC), Max Kilman (DC), Nelson Semedo (MR), Joao Moutinho (MC), Leander Dendoncker (MC), Pedro Neto (MC), Fernando Marcal (ML), Daniel Podence (FW), Raul Jimenez (FW)
- Notes: Nothing seems to be working for Wolves, which means Adama Traore could find his way into the XI. Moutinho replaces Ruben Neves in the midfield with Moutinho. Marcal also hopes to add a spark for Romain Saiss.